Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hope will never be silent

Today I could have written about Fien's birthday but I don't have the pictures yet.  Plus there's something much more pressing.
I think I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again.  I very rarely discuss politics in any way, especially not on my blog.  Especially because I tend to be a little more liberal in my thinking than the majority of my family.
You know that scene in "Milk" where, in talking about debating a hard-core conservative, Sean Penn says "get me Orange County!"  Well that's where I went to college.  And the meaning behind that statement is in no way dramatized.  And although this Public school I attended  was fairly liberal in it's mind set (especially compared to the three Private universities within a ten mile radius), it's safe to say that came November 2008, I had gotten a little sick of seeing a certain large amount of a certain lawn poster advertising a certain presidential candidate (...who lost).
That being said, today is all about proclaiming my happiness.  Does anyone see where this is going?

Prop 8 has been ruled unconstitutional. Hooray equality.

"Proposition 8 fails to advance any rational basis in singling out gay men and lesbians for denial of a marriage license. Indeed, the evidence shows Proposition 8 does nothing more than enshrine in the California Constitution the notion that opposite-sex couples are superior to same-sex couples.  Because California has no interest in discriminating against gay men and lesbians, and because Proposition 8 prevents California from fulfilling its constitutional obligation to provide marriages on an equal basis,the court concludes that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional."



p.s. I really really really will not respond to anything negative. Sorry.

Word of the Day: gelijkheid - equality

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails