Friday, December 18, 2009

Time to Point Fingers


It’s true I already wrote an entry about being sick…plus I mentioned it the other day…but I think I now warrant a four alarm alert…
According to this map...

this website...
and this picture...

I’m fairly sure our entire family has been hit by the swine flu. Or the “Mexican Flu” as they call it here. Or the H1N1 virus as President Obama insists we call it so as not to hurt the pork industry…

But then there’s this article which seems much more likely since there are goats nearby. Oh wait, none of us have been to visit them....
Ok maybe I don’t have it, but I am definitely coming down with something. We’re all coughing up lungs and blowing our brains through our nose, it’s a wonder we have any internal organs left.
The Dora DVDs that Fien owns are on constant repeat. I can quote pretty much every one of all of the eight episodes (including the twice as long musical Pirate one.) However one good thing is that because we are all not feeling good, we (and by that I mean the parents and I) are constantly taking turns taking care of Fien while the others rest. And taking care of Fien means watching and singing Dora, which mercifully has yet to add to the sickness. Tomorrow though may be the last “Come on Vamanos” I can muster before I fall down dead. Maybe it's time for a new beloved children's character...

Also being sick in Holland apparently means you have to eat unseasoned potatoes and vegetables for a diet…no chicken soup. No salt, no wine, no nothing. Ugh.
So there you have it…Pigs, Goats, Boiled Potatoes and Dora the Explorer are all responsible for me being sick.
Or maybe it’s just a cold.

Word of the Day: hoest - cough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails