Monday, December 14, 2009

You could never fill that void...

Today's entry is a picture blog. I'll be doing thise from time to time when I feel like writing a thousand words and then realize I'm way to lazy to do that...
Today's topic is... American Food the I Miss and the Dutch Food that Attempts to Replace it.

All things Mexican (or psuedo-Mexican)...





Dutch equivalent...



Glorious Fast Food...



Dutch equivalent...



Sweets and Snacks...


Dutch Equivalent...




And then there's the things that you think they would have, but you can't find anything like it anywhere, and then you cry...




No, not all of these are bad (although I'll die before I try raw herring.) I'm just feeling a little homesick, and thinking about these things makes me happy. Also my aunt says that my entire blog seems to always be about food...so I thought I wouldn't fight it.

Tune in tomorrow when I attempt to substitute one of these for less than it's literary word count equivalent!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there and welcome to SITS! What a neat concept for a blog! I can totally understand being homesick, but I am sure you will look back with wonderful memories--and then feel homesick of the Netherlands once you have gone. My husband is originally from Venezuela, and although he has been here 17 years now, he still feels homesick from time to time. Best regards and welcome once again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails