Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Top Ten: This should take you back

So I'm babysitting tonight and was graciously allowed to place Fien in front of the tv while I made dinner, and then while she ate dinner, and for one episode of Diego after dinner was complete.  In short...homegirl watched a lot of tv today.  But these shows (usually on Nick Jr.) seem to be all that children talk about.  And most of it is the type of programming that I watch and go "uh...yea right.  What is this educational aspect?  Um and why must I count with you?  What if I don't?  What're you gonna do Steve?  Back in my day...oh no I just said back in my day...when did I turn into that person...it's ok because we already talk about it...i mean they were legendary...i mean...aaahhh...Libby stop stressing about it...hey look it's DORA!"
Yea that's what goes through my head almost every day.  I look through it finding things that are wrong with it all the while never taking into consideration that I used to be in love with three girls with super powers.  Now, you'll have to forgive me because I didn't include ones I didn't watch a lot (Darkwing Duck) or ones which I shouldn't have watched (Ren & Stimpy), ones that only came out after I was considered too old to watch cartoons (Fairly Odd Parents) or ones that were only on on primetime (Simpsons.)  So without further ado:

TOP TEN CARTOONS I WATCHED WHEN I WAS A KID



So what do you think?  I'm sure some of them have got to be your favorites too!  Or what were your favorites?  Sigh...they don't amke 'em like they used to.

Word of the day: spotprent - cartoon

2 comments:

  1. Doug, Duck Tales, Tiny Toon Adventures, Chip and Dale, and Animaniacs were among my favorites.

    I've actually been showing the Animaniacs "nations of the world" video to my students this week. I get them to try to write down as many nations as they can, and they think it's hilarious.

    I digress, though. Power Rangers was probably my favorite in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to love watching all of these! Some that I always watched was Muppet Babies and Jem & the Holograms

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails