Sunday, April 11, 2010

From Spring to Sisqo in ten steps or less

As of two weeks ago, the calendar declared it’s officially the season of spring.  As of one week ago, the city council declared it’s officially tourist season in Noordwijk.  And as of yesterday, I have declared that it is officially sandal weather!!!
Now many of you have read about my love (that quickly turned to hate) with snow.  What can I say?  I’m a California gal (And don’t you wish they all could be…)  Living in southern California for the last five years has skewed my perception of “winter.”  When I was in school, there was maybe about two months that I didn’t wear sandals.  But as soon as the 52º frost wore off, the cheap target brand ones were brought (more accurately, bought) out never to be taken off again (save for a cute pair of heels, or sneakers that “just made the outfit.”)  But since I’ve been in Holland, I have yet to wear them.
But no more!  Here is what I’ve noticed about flip flops…
-They’re an excuse for a pedicure with fun nail polish colors.
-They go with everything (in the case of the heels or sneakers that are sometimes obligatory, the sandals would still work, just fyi)
-I like the “flop” sound they make
-You’re more relaxed and ready to heal the world when you wear them…it’s true
-I get to build up my Bigtoe/Indextoe calluses that have worn off from lack of irritation.
-Your feet never stink from sock sweat
-What you lack in stench, you make up for in dirt (of which I wash often don’t worry)
-They are one of the only types of shoes that you can literally “slip on.”  Even slip-ons sometimes require handling.
-When you spice up the name, they rhyme really well with “you at Kinko’s straight flippin’ copies”

So grab your favorite pair, and let me see those thongs…

Word of the day: sandaal - sandal

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I too love my thongs well here we just call them sandals. I would die if I have to wear closed toes shoes all the time in this heat :D

    Happy SITS Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! Break out the sandals! I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Hilarious Post! I love you idea of featuring things having to do with the blog post number! Great Idea!! Love your blog! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails