Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Top Ten: Wait, that was him?

I really wanted to do a movie Top Ten today.  I was feeling it.  But I'd like to say that I'm some what of a movie buff (although not nearly as much as my mom and her mom) and that made it hard to figure out what sort of movie list to do.  But then I was watching Princess Bride (my all time favorite movie) and I realized that two of the actors in it are possibly two of my favorite actors for the reason that almost every movie/role (we're going Broadway here too) they do, they manage to transform themselves.  Don't get me wrong there are actors who play the same role over and over and it works for them and I don't love them any less, but here are my...

TOP TEN ACTORS WHO CAN PLAY THE WHOLE SPECTRUM
(listed and pictured are the movies which I think best exemplifies their range...I know there's so many more, but these will have to do) 
*denotes Broadway role

Hugh Jackman
Kate & Leopold, Swordfish, X-Men

Tony Collette
About a Boy, Wild Party*, United States of Tara

Christopher Guest
The Princess Bride, Waiting for Guffman, This is Spinal Tap

Tom Hanks
Big, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13

Kevin Kline
Dave, Fish Called Wanda, De-Lovely

Mandy Patinkin
The Princess Bride, Wild Party*, Criminal Minds

Gerard Butler
300, Phantom of the Opera, The Ugly Truth

Johnny Depp
Pirates of the Caribbean, Benny & Joon, Willy Wonka

Bebe Neuwirth
Cheers, Chicago*, Tadpole

Matt Damon
Bourne Supremacy, Ocean's Eleven, The Talented Mr. Ripley

What do you think? Did I leave anyone out?

Word of the Day: getalenteerd - talented

9 comments:

  1. I'll go with Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp anytime of the day.. Love them...

    I think i'll go with my previous commenter- Keanu Reeves in Something's Gotta Give... Ah!!! Hubba hubba....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! and Definitely Tom Hanks.... can't believe i forgot to include him in the Love Them list.... My BAD!!!! Tom Hanks in Da Vinci Code.... Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Jimmy Stewart? Or are we looking for actors still living?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerard butler was phantom of the opera? How did I miss that?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should include the informant for matt damon.... i wouldn't have put him on this list before seeing that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list! I'm with "gringationcancun"...I didn't realize that Gerard Bulter was the Phantom until you said it, makes sense though! I didn't know who he was back then.

    Love Matt Damon, and that he's going to be a recurring character on 30 Rock...hilarous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved Gerard Butler in the phantom of the opera fantastic movie!

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails