Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review: The travel edition

I realize I could write a lot about this last year.  How my life has completely been changed by a three year old.  Or how it's been one of the greatest experiences of my life.  Or something along those lines.  But it's hard to put 365 days into words.  So instead...just like last year...I'll stick to pictures...
What's funny is, I haven't even blogged about some of thiese things yet.  But eventually you will hear about them.  I mean, I ahve to write about something when I'm back home and have no life right?

Anyway...enjoy...and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

In January  went and visited my friend Mark in Copenhagen.  There I saw my first international city outside of Holland, as well as The Little Mermaid.


In February I went on my first big trip - Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Zurich, Bern, Cologne, and Muenster.  My trip including falling in love with cities, making new friends, and ending up on my butt for the majority of my ride down a Swiss Alp.


In March I celebrated my birthday in true Californian style - with Mexican Food and Margaritas.


In April I went with my munchkin to Disney on Ice.  Yes it was in Dutch.  But that didn't stop me from seeing Disney for the first time through a child's eyes.


In May I did probably the most Dutch thing there is to do - visited the Keukenhoff.


In June my sister came to visit.  We started off our Europe adventure with a trip to Barcelona and Southern Spain.


In July, Nina and I continued our travels ending in an amazing long weekend in Paris.


In August I went to London to hang out with one of my best friends, Kate, and see Sister Act the musical...magic.


In September I took advantage of my last few days living on a beach and ran around in the sand among the sand castles with the little one.


In October I went on a seventeen day vacation including Muenster, Munich, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Athens.  Some of my favorite cities by far.


In November, Sinterklaas once again arrived in Noordwijk.  And this time, Fien ad I were ready for him!


And this past month I spent my Christmas sadly, away from my family.  But happily, in my favorite European city...Prague with a bunch of fellow orphans.

I can't imagine aother year of my life being more exciting than this...seriously.
I promise that one of these days I will get around to blogging about these things.  Until then...enjoy the pictures...
How was your year?  Are you looking forward to the next one?

See you in 2011!!

Word of the Day: Oude en Nieuw - Old and New (New Year's)

3 comments:

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails