Thursday, January 28, 2010

Copenhagen 2: This time we're not drunk.

Well, you'll all remember how the last blog entry and Saturday night in Copenhagen ended...in the morning.  So let's continue...
The next morning (I can say that because it was before noon) we got up, had some lunch and went on a search for the Little Mermaid.  Inspired by the ballet, inspired by the fairy tale, inspired by the Disney Princess.  Ok maybe the ordering of that is wrong, but you get my point.  It was ridiculously cold, and Mark was not having it...
But he still agreed to take my picture…
I also couldn’t resist reverting back to being five and reenacting “Part of Your World.”  All you girls my age know what I’m taking about.  Or those of you with daughters my age who were forced to go to the movie theatres seven times to watch that movie (thanks Mommy!) Since the rocks were covered in ice and snow though, I had to make do with standing and pushing on air.  I’m pretty sure the other people trying to take pictures just thought I was crazy…
Then on our walk back we took a detour through the park near the harbor and we found a playground!  This was the second set of swings in two days!  I was so excited…
They also had a crazy bridge.  It is purely coincidence that at this point Libby actually started to go crazy.  It was probably the lack of sleep, the bitter cold, but I began having way to much fun.  I also attempted to slide down the slide but was unsure of whether or not I would make it…
I did…
But then my pants practically became frozen to the metal and I was stuck…
We also came across a lake, which I had to go over to, because well, it was frozen, and I’ve never stood on water.  However Mark would not let me actually stand on the water only a tree…
Of course I didn’t listen to him very well…
 
Oh yea...and remember how I said I was starting to go crazy?  I then proceeded to explain and partly reenact the Invisible Bench sketch from the many many Girl Scout camp fires I had attended.  You know you all remember it, but if you don't here's a good summary...
"What are you doing?"
"Sitting on the Invisible Bench"
"Oh I'll Join You"
"What are you doing?"
"Sitting on the Invisible Bench"
"Oh I'll Join You"
"What are you doing"
"Sitting on the Invisible Bench"
"Oh I'll Join You"
(continue for as many girs as you have) 
"What are you doing"
"Sitting on the Invisible Bench"
"What are you talking about the invisible bench is over there"
"AAAHHH" *fall*

I know it's hilarious.  So while Mark sat on a real bench, I was sitting on the invisible one...

But then as he had promised me for not frolicking on the frozen (and completely sturdy I might add) lake, we went to a frozen canal in the middle of the city where there were people ice skating, and playing hockey, and just having a lot of fun.  And I was so excited to be standing on water…
Mark decided to show up a couple eight year olds by sliding on the ice in his shoes…
I tried it once…I almost fell.
For the rest of the day till nightfall, we just walked around the city admiring the lights and the center square…
But then it was time to go home, make some yummy Danish food, watch Dirty Harry, and go to sleep, because I had a flight to catch the next morning.  On the train ride to the airport the next morning, I started laughing, when I realized it was 5:30 and for the past three days I had been awake at this time but only 2 of the 3 times had been because I had just woken up.  But I have to admit, it was all worth it.
My trip to Copenhagen was truly amazing.  The city itself is so beautiful and full of life.  I can’t wait to go back when a couple more things are open.  Plus getting to see my fiancé wasn’t bad either.  Mark’s one of those people with whom, like family (because he basically is,) it doesn’t matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen them, you settle into your groove almost immediately and have the best time together.  Plus he’s a wonderful host.  Plus…you know…we’re getting married.

Word of the Day: Den lille havfrue – The Little Mermaid (Danish)

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so cold! I don't think I would do well there!

    Coming by through SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1: i KNEW you would bust out some disney songs at the little mermaid statue.
    #2: please tell me you got to see my drunk, homeless danish friend?!
    http://lilymargaret.blogspot.com/2008/06/so-far-we-have-been-in-copenhagen-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy SITS saturday sharefest!

    Wow, what a beautiful place! It looks very pretty and VERY cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracked me up! I'm glad you had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails