Wednesday, January 13, 2010

DIE/DYE HAIR!!!

So apparently I'm stressed.  How do I know this?  Hmmm...maybe it's the gray hairs that I'm finding daily.  Here are some possible reasons why I've been stressed...
-I just graduated from college after five years, one major, two minors, constant auditions, possible failure of classes, and figuring out what to do with my life.
-Last summer I was a nanny for an 8 and 10 year old one of whom was bi-polar and was smart enough to challenge any and all of my logic
-My best friend just got married and I'm still single...
-My liver may be crying for help
-I moved 5371 miles away, unable to see my family and friends for a full year
-I live on 300 Euros a month
-Because of above mentioned salary and complete lack of salary almost my entire senior year, and a ridiculously expensive month in New York for school, I have enough credit card debt to keep me busy for a little while.
-I'm currently a nanny for a two year old who barely speaks English and I have to figure out what she's saying
-I'm living in a country where I'm constantly asking "Do you speak English" with only a hope for a possible "yes"
So stressed much?  And I want to be a high school teacher?
I don't remember when I found my first gray hair...all I remember are the numerous times after that I continued to do so.  I'm young enough that I should not be getting these frequently.  You know how people say, "Every time you pull out a gray hair, three more grow back?" Well I figured out why...it's because you're so stressed by the fact that you're 23 with graying hair, the rest of your head continues to lighten!!! So I found the solution...it's called BRILLIANCE - INTENSIVE COLOR CREME!  Whatever brand you choose, most of them have this written somewhere on the box.  And I believe in it wholeheartedly.
The first time I dyed my hair was with "reddish" highlights.  It was in Lake Tahoe with my family and family friends the Calleses.  Yvonne did my hair for me and I thought I was so cool because I had a slight difference in hair color (really I'm pretty sure there was no difference at all.)  After that was experiments with different colors (but not much variance) and dying of my sister's, my friends', my dorm-mates'...everyone's hair.  It got to the point where I didn't even have to read the instructions - which thank God for because these current ones were in French, Dutch, German, and Swedish...  Anyway, this is my hair with grays...

Oh you can't see them?  Take a closer look...

Now you see what I mean.  And here is an estimation of what this hair would look like in four-ish months...

Here is an estimation of what my hair would look like if I turned into Lady Gaga...

Pretty awesome right?  But anyway, I found a hair color that pretty much looks like mine with a little more red in it.  It's always been the color I go for...except for the time when I went light brown/practically blond and it didn't work out so well.  Anyway, you can't really tell any difference from before...

But I know now that when I look in the mirror in my bathroom I will be able to count the gray hairs on a single hand...not run out of fingers and toes like two days ago (gah!!!!)
I know I'm getting older and I accept that because with it comes wisdom and maturity (so there :-P) But you can't blame a girl for liking her hair the color that it used to be...before boys, acting gigs, and children became a part of her life.
Of course you also can't blame a girl for loving the way life is...and being willing to sacrifice 8 euros for a chance to continue that life...in "Velvet Brown" hair of course.

Word of the day - haar - hair

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, Velvet Brown...love it. In fact I get a kick out of the names they come up with for hair dye. They make it sound so exotic, don't they?
    I am a late grey-bloomer. I've probably only colored my hair five times. In the past I used a semi-permanent color that faded in 30 washes. The last time I used a PERMANENT one and thought my head was on fire. I swear it was actually smoking. I called my sis in a panic and all she did was laugh b/c apparently that is normal? Whatever. I'd rather shell out 8 bucks a month and not be a human bbq, thankyouverymuch.
    BTW...I LOVE the Lady GAGA pic...Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like my daughter who is afraid she got her mama's hair and will, like her, gray prematurely. The only good thing I can say about my gray is that I get to go off by myself every six weeks to the fountain of youth and those have been the most restful moments of my life!

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it amazing how we all live for comments? So please...don't let me starve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails